Murder Warrants Served on South Forida Suspects in Waldo
Two men wanted for a Miami murder are now in custody in Alachua County. The United States Marshals Service say they arrested 26-year-old Lloyd Rogers Jr. and 23-year-old Lloyd Thomas on N.E. 148th Ave. in Waldo this morning.
Miami Gardens police officials say the men are wanted for the murder of 27-year-old Steve Hyatt, a Miami Gardens resident.
They say Hyatt was killed at his home on June 20th after a verbal argument with Rogers and Thomas.
When police learned that the two men could be at a Waldo address, they asked the U.S. Marshals to investigate.
"We knocked and announced our presence and we secured the house," said Deputy U.S. Marshal John Blount. "In other words, we surrounded the house and brought the subjects out at gunpoint."
Rogers and Thomas are being held at the Alachua County Jail.
Police say they'll eventually be extradited back to Miami-Dade County.
- Deputies Serve 17th Warrant Arrest On Alachua County Man
- Suspect Arrested on Sexual Battery Warrant
- 19 year old Arrested for Waldo Murder
- Murder Suspect Identified
- British Murder Suspect Commute Denied
- Putnam County Murder Suspect Arrested
- From Amber Alert Victim to Murder Suspect
- No suspects, few leads in Putnam County murder
- Murder Suspect Appears In Front Of Judge
- Grand Jury Indicts Suspects in Teen Murder