As Neighborhood Protestors Rally, Church Plans to Add More Signs
A congregation has created an uproar over a sign about Islam, and they don't plan to stop there.
TV20's Jamel Lanee talked with the church's pastor, who says he is trying to spread a message of love.
The Dove World Outreach Center has received a lot of reaction from the community for posting a sign that reads "ISLAM IS OF THE DEVIL".
The center, which has been around for almost 25 years, is actually very involved in the community. The center has offered free meals, clothes and furniture to those in need.
Dr. Terry Jones, who has been with the congregation since 2001, says he has gained many supporters.
However, non-supporters say he's expressing bigotry and hate.
City's code enforcement tells Dr. Jones that he can keep his sign, but he must make it smaller and move it closer to the ground.
The church has until next Monday to make the sign smaller, and Jones plans to add more signs about same-sex marriage and abortion.
- "Hateful" Sign Causes Neighborhood Uproar
- Church Plans To Burn The Koran
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Alachua County Educators Plan Rally
- More Rallies for Trayvon Martin
- Graduate Assistants Rally at UF for Lower Fees and More Benefits
- Megabus Service Adds More Routes in State
- Gainesville High Makes Furious 2nd Half Rally, But Fall Short to Wolfson
- I75 Crashes Prompt Call For More Signs
- Church Van Crash Kills 1, Injures More than a Dozen