Operation S.P.O.C III - Sex Offender/Predator Sweep
Five local and state agencies got together Friday night to visit around 120 sex offenders and predators at their homes.
Their goal was to make sure the offenders are complying with probation and sex offender requirements.
Seven arrests were made.
During the summer months when children have off from school Lt. Vorisek with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says it's really important to make sure sex offenders are where they are supposed to be.
That means in their homes by curfew and for some of them, not near children.
Sex offender Robert Davis says of his crime,
"It's hard on my friends, it's hard on everyone, but most of all it was really hard on my daughter."
- Sex Offenders and Predators Get Special Driver's License Status
- Operation "Night Light" Nabs Three Local Sex Offenders
- Sex Offender Sweep
- Keeping up with Sexual Offenders and Predators
- 19 Arrested in Cross-County Sexual Offender Sting Called "Operation Wrangler"
- Convicted Sex Offender Asks to be Castrated
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
- Sex Offender Arrested on New Rape Charges
- No Tricks with Sex Offenders