Robbery at Gainesville First Credit Union
Police are investigating a bank robbery that took place early Friday afternoon at the First Credit Union of Gainesville, 412 E. University Ave.
At about 1:30 p.m., the First Credit Union of Gainesville was robbed. The robber came up to the counter and demanded money, according to the Gainesville Police Department release.
He displayed what may have been a gun concealed in a black backpack. After leaving the bank, the robber ran on foot. Some witnesses followed him, and he eventually fled on a bike into the Porter's neighborhood.
The robber is described as a black male, 5'11" to 6'0", with a slender build. He is believed to be in his lower 20's to mid-30's.
He was wearing a black shirt with a distinctive design on the front that should be visible in the photos. The back of the shirt has white writing.
He was wearing a gray baseball cap, turned to the side, blue-jean shorts, black shoes and he has a beard. His hair was short and was not visible under the hat, according to the release.
Detective Bennie Smith is working the investigation. If you have any information, contact him or another GPD detective at 352-334-2570.
- Gainesville Credit Union Robbed
- Gainesville Police Arrest Two In Credit Card Scam
- Robbery at First Federal Bank
- Gainesville Loses its Battle with Employee Unions
- Unions v. City of Gainesville: Implications of Ruling Still Unclear
- String of robberies in Gainesville prompts GPD to warn residents
- Gainesville Armed Robberies
- Gainesville Gas Station Robbery Foiled
- Robberies Have Gainesville Police and Residents On Alert
- Gainesville Police Department Keeps Tabs on Robberies