Suspect Pulls Out Pregnant Woman's Hair Weave
A Lake City man was arrested early Friday morning after he pulled out a woman's hair weave during a physical fight. The woman was five months pregnant with his child at the time of the incident.
Lake City Police Officer Staci Brownfield responded to 1283 S.W. Zesty Circle in reference to a physical fight that had already occurred. Upon arrival, Brownfield observed Maurice Lamont Jackson, 39, with a hand full of the victim's hair weave, according to the Lake City Police Department.
The victim stated that Jackson had pulled her hair out of her head during their physical altercation because he accused her of cheating on him.
The victim stated that Jackson told her he wanted the hair weave back because he had paid for it, according to the police department.
The victim had blood dripping down from her hair line, and a large amount of blood was saturating her real hair. The victim did not want medical attention, according to the release.
Jackson was arrested and charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, and he was transported to the Columbia County Detention Center for booking.
- Kentucky Woman Pleads Guilty in Pregnant Woman's Death
- Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years - Now She's Getting a New One
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Slain Woman's Family Pleads for Justice
- Gainesville Woman's Club Coat Drive
- Sex Offenders In Your Neighborhood: One Woman's Shocking Discovery
- Man Charged With Bell Woman's Death Has A Criminal Past
- Gainesville Police Searching For Woman's Attacker
- Dog Saves Woman's Life