Tent City Aftermath Part II
In the second part of a three part series, TV20's Josh Rosenthal looks into Gainesville's Tent City.
The wooded area south of Depot Road used to be home to more than 200 homeless people. After a rise in violence in the area, police enforced trespass laws on the pieces of private property that made up Tent City. That meant that around 200 homeless people were suddenly tentless too.
In this installment of the series, Josh examines the people and organizations that try to help the homeless. He also looks into another way some people ended up in Tent City in the first place.
- Tent City Aftermath Part I
- Tent City Aftermath Part III
- Ocala city Council Not Ready to Vote on Proposed Tent City
- City will vote on cleaning up Tent City
- Tent City Residents May Be Stuck Finding New Homes
- Tent City Residents Being Evicted
- Eviction Day for Tent City On The Horizon
- Tent City Cats Up For Adoption
- Grace Marketplace Officials Dealing with Tent City Crime
- Months Later, Tent City Still A Messy Situation