UF Heats Up Those Bed Bugs
Things are heating up at the University of Florida for a purpose. Researchers there have found a way to kill bedbugs without pesticides.
the bed bugs are killed by putting all of the furniture into the center of the room and then insulating it. Heaters and fans are then placed in the room creating something that works like a convection oven.
One researcher says there are several benefits to eliminating the bugs using this method. Robert Pereira says when this method was tested it killed one- hundred percent of the bedbugs in rooms with carpeted floors but only about eighty-three percent when used on tile.
- New Cost Effective Bed Bug Trap Developed by UF Research Labs
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Keep Biting!
- Sniffing Out Bed Bugs
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!
- Former Employee Claims Paramount Plaza Hotel Fired Her For Speaking Up About Bed Bugs
- Bed Bug Population on the Rise
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
- Bed Bug Problem at Gainesville Hotel
- Bed Bug Infestation In Northeast Gainesville Apartment
- New Website Offers Tips on Bed Bug Prevention and Control for Students