Victim Robbed as He Tried to Help a Friend
A Lake City police officer responded to a fight Sunday afternoon and found a man standing in the road with his face covered in blood.
The male victim told police that he had come to 227 S.E. Hernando Ave. to help a friend because the friend had called and said his car had broken down.
The victim also stated that after he arrived and was talking with his friend, two unknown subjects got out of his friend's car and robbed him.
The two suspects are white males in their early 20s. The victim stated that the two men beat him to the ground and took money from him.
The investigation is ongoing, and the victim suffered a concussion and a broken nose, according to the Lake City Police Department.
- Police: Man Tries To Rob Gainesville Liquor Store
- Police: Man Lures Victims With Fake Emergency, Then Robs Them
- Police: Two Armed Suspects Rob Business, Duct Tape Victim
- Shooting victim's family and friends raise money for burial
- A Close Friend Speaks On Behalf Of Suwannee Victims
- Detectives seeking the public's help in helping sexual battery victims come forward
- Rescuers Try to Help Pets That Need Each Other
- Summer Heatwave Program Tries To Reach 1,000 Kids With The Help Of Crowdfunding
- Gainesville Hero "I was trying to help"
- Man Dies Trying to Help Family Celebrate Christmas