Another Round of Budget Cuts and Declining Enrollment Possible in Levy County
For Levy County Public Schools, the 2008-2009 school year was one marked by budget cuts and declining student enrollment.
School officials are preparing for the possibility that this school year could look very similar to the last one.
Levy County superintendent Robert Hastings said the district is preparing for possible budget cuts. This year's general fund budget decreased by more than three million dollars from last year.
As for declining enrollment, Hastings said the district has budgeted for 37 fewer students, but last year the district lost 200.
"We're not out of the woods yet," said Hastings. "We're going to have to continue to be careful for every dollar we spend."
- Levy County EMS Budget Cuts?
- CFCC Faces Increased Enrollment, Under Staffing, And $1M Budget Cuts
- Possible Budget Cuts for UF
- Possible Budget Cuts for YMCA
- Declining Enrollment
- Possible Road Closure in Levy County
- Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Another Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation Concludes
- Levy County Cutting Back Wildfire Risks
- Budget Cuts Impact Hours, Staff at County Health Department