Apartment looks to improve building Structures
After two women fell nearly 15 feet through an apartment balcony, management at the Lyons apartment complex in Gainesville says they are committed to rebuild all staircases and balconies.
Thursday, a mother and her daughter fell from a balcony after it collapsed.
The daughter is four months pregnant -- both were taken to Shands.
TV20 spoke to the property manager who says she is devastated by the accident and is working to fix the stability of all building units.
One resident who didn't want to appear on camera because he was afraid of being evicted, says this has been an ongoing issue.
"The wood raggedy, them all wrong. You go look at other apartment around here and they do a search you'll see places where it need to be tightened up. People complain about it all the time."
The property manager says the pregnant woman and her baby are recovering at Shands.
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Fire Seriously Damages Apartment Building
- Fla. Woman Tries To Blow Up Own Apartment Building
- Families Forced to Relocate After Electrical Problem Plagues Apartment Building
- Law Enforcement Agencies Look to Improve Pedestrian Safety
- An Exclusive Inside Look at the New GPD Building - Using Some New Technology
- Firefighters Say Structural Surprises In Travelodge Blaze
- New York Apartment Building Fire
- Romney Looks to Build Lead with Illinois Primary
- Florida's High Schools Improving