Balcony Collapse Lands Two Women in Hospital
Two women fell 15 feet to the ground when their second story apartment balcony collapsed while they were standing on it. One of the women who fell was pregnant.
The collapse happened around 4:15 p.m. on Thursday at the Lyons Apartment complex located off of SW 20th Avenue in Gainesville.
Both women were taken to Shands hospital and are listed in stable condition.
It is not yet known if the recent rainy weather played any part in the balcony collapsing, but the fire department is urging residents to inspect their homes or apartments for any signs of weakness to ensure this does not happen again.
- Woman Hospitalized After Church Roof Collapses On Her
- Motel 6 Shooting Lands One Man in Hospital, Another in Jail
- Woman Falls From Third Story Balcony At A Party
- Fire Fatality Kills Two Women
- Deadly crash kills two women on I-75
- Dixie County deputy and Two Women fatally wounded In Shootout
- Deputies: Gainesville Man Stalks, Sends Threatening Messages To Two Women
- Two Women Still Homeless After Fire
- Answers For Oyster Collapse On The Coast
- Historic Home Collapses