Balcony Collapse Lands Two Women in Hospital
Two women fell 15 feet to the ground when their second story apartment balcony collapsed while they were standing on it. One of the women who fell was pregnant.
The collapse happened around 4:15 p.m. on Thursday at the Lyons Apartment complex located off of SW 20th Avenue in Gainesville.
Both women were taken to Shands hospital and are listed in stable condition.
It is not yet known if the recent rainy weather played any part in the balcony collapsing, but the fire department is urging residents to inspect their homes or apartments for any signs of weakness to ensure this does not happen again.
- Woman Hospitalized After Church Roof Collapses On Her
- Motel 6 Shooting Lands One Man in Hospital, Another in Jail
- Motorcycle race leaves two hospitalized
- Two struck by sturgeon, one remains in hospital
- Gainesville shooter kills one and sends two others to hospital
- Woman Falls From Third Story Balcony At A Party
- UF senior mourned after deadly fall from balcony
- Bus Crash Lands 14 Students And Driver In Hospital
- Two Women Still Homeless After Fire
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies