Balcony Collapse Lands Two Women in Hospital
Two women fell 15 feet to the ground when their second story apartment balcony collapsed while they were standing on it. One of the women who fell was pregnant.
The collapse happened around 4:15 p.m. on Thursday at the Lyons Apartment complex located off of SW 20th Avenue in Gainesville.
Both women were taken to Shands hospital and are listed in stable condition.
It is not yet known if the recent rainy weather played any part in the balcony collapsing, but the fire department is urging residents to inspect their homes or apartments for any signs of weakness to ensure this does not happen again.
- Woman Hospitalized After Church Roof Collapses On Her
- Motel 6 Shooting Lands One Man in Hospital, Another in Jail
- Bus Crash Lands 14 Students And Driver In Hospital
- Woman Falls From Third Story Balcony At A Party
- Deadly crash kills two women on I-75
- Deputies: Gainesville Man Stalks, Sends Threatening Messages To Two Women
- Two Women Still Homeless After Fire
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Two Men Arrested for Raping and Drugging Women
- Man Uses Plastic Gun To Rob Two Women