Bat House at UF Collapses
Part of a structure that was home to about 200,000 bats collapsed Sunday night.
UF officials say the bat house was about 18 years old. They believe there was simply too much weight.
A few hundred bats died from the fall. Officials say they hope to start rebuilding in the next few days.
- Meet One of the Creators Behind the UF Bat Houses
- Bats Move to Newberry
- Man sentenced in bat beating
- Conflict Over Girl Escalates Into Brutal Assault With Baseball Bat
- Baseball Bat Saves the Day in Attempted Ocala Gas Station Robbery
- Answers For Oyster Collapse On The Coast
- Sinkhole Causes Resort Villa to Partially Collapse
- Balcony Collapse Lands Two Women in Hospital
- Woman Hospitalized After Church Roof Collapses On Her
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School