Detectives Bust 'Elaborate' Crime Ring
Fake payroll checks and a dead person's stolen identity -- part of what detectives in North Central Florida call an "elaborate" crime ring.
So far, investigators for the Gainesville Police Department and the Alachua County Sheriff's Office have arrested more than a dozen people on fraud charges.
They're still looking for several more suspects.
- Thieves From A Crime Ring Busted Again
- Local Woman in Jail After Deputies Find 'Elaborate' Mushroom-Growing Operation
- Former GPD Detective To receive Top Honor For Solving Crime
- Burglary Ring Bust
- Police: Purse Snatching Ring Busted!
- Dixie County Burglary Ring Busted
- Part of Regional Fraud Ring Busted in Gainesville
- Identify Theft Ring Busted in Ocala
- A Known Crime Ring Strikes in Gainesville
- Traffic Stop Reveals Multi-State Crime Ring