Elderly Man Assaulted
A 63-year-old man, Leslie Spivey, was brutally beaten and robbed in his own front yard late Tuesday night.
The attackers got away with a “pathetically small amount of money,” according to authorities. Spivey was beaten in his own front yard by two juveniles who then got away. They took Spivey's keys and a small amount of money.
Spivey has a broken clavicle along with a broken jaw in three places.
"It certainly angers us in law enforcement. We'd like to get out hands on these two juveniles and put them exactly where they belong - in the department of the jail,” said Lt. Steve Maynard.
Deputies say the incident is part of a recent surge in violent robberies. Authorities say they are on track for 300 more robberies this year in Alachua county than last year.
- "Caretaker" Exploits Elderly Man
- Disabled Elderly Man Robbed, Then Left For Dead
- Beaten Elderly Man's Family Speaks About His Recovery
- Neighbor Saves Elderly Man from Apartment Fire
- Man Beats Up Two Elderly People After they Refuse to Buy Hair Clippers
- Elderly Man Badly Burned in Fire
- Man Accused of Overcharging Elderly Woman
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Man Arrested For Sexual Assault
- Man Arrested for Sexual Assault Against Children