Fallen Marine Remembered
It's been a day of remembrance that continued into the night.
Monday started with a motorcade from Jacksonville to Gainesville, as a fallen Marine's body was escorted by 11 law enforcement agencies.
Thousands of people lined the streets to remember Pfc. Wayne Vincent.
Monday tonight was his viewing, where family and friends came to remember a man they say would do anything for anyone and went into the Marines to help others.
Vincent was a 2001 graduate of Gainesville High School, and the sixth Alachua County resident to be killed in Iraq or Afghanistan since 2003.
The funeral services for Wayne Vincent will be Tuesday at 11 a.m. at Westside Baptist Church on Newberry Road.
- Two North Central Florida Families Have Their Fallen Marines Memorialized
- People Pay Their Respects to Fallen Marine
- Family And Friends Remember Marine Officer
- North Central Florida Remembers the Fallen
- Williston Police Remember A Fallen Officer
- GPD Remembers Fallen Lieutenant Seven Years Later
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- Cedar Key Remembers Fallen Soldier
- Remembering a Fallen Soldier: Private Lamarol Tucker
- Chiefland Remembers Fallen Soldier