Former Fire Chief Under Fire
The former fire chief of Hawthorne faces criminal charges this week.
According to a report filed with the state attorney's office, Jessie Modican faces fraud and grand theft charges.
Alachua County Sheriff's detectives accuse Modican of lying on his payroll time sheets.
Modican worked at fire departments in Hawthorne, Micanopy and Jacksonville at the same time the alleged fraud happened between 2007 and 2009.
He's accused of reporting more than 1,000 false work hours, costing the city of Hawthorne more than $10,000.
- Trenton Police Chief Under Fire
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell
- Hawthorne's former Fire Chief accused of fraud.
- Fire Rescue Budget Under Fire
- Former Lake City Police Chief On Resignation
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Firefighter's Pension Under Fire
- Homes without Smoke Detectors Come Under Fire
- High Spring's Fire Chief Finalists
- Alachua County Fire Chief Scheduled to Retire