Hawthorne's former Fire Chief accused of fraud.
Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies have recommended fraud and grand theft charges against Hawthorne's former Fire Chief Jessie Modican.
When Hawthorne's interim city manager took office in March... she noticed something suspicious almost immediately. The former chief is accused of lying on his payroll time sheets... claiming to work in three different places - Jacksonville, Micanopy & Hawthorne - simultaneously.
For more details, watch the video on the right.
- Hawthorne's City Manager Fired
- Hawthorne's Utility Rates Increase
- Alachua County officials discuss City of Hawthorne's plan to annex land
- Alachua County vote to not challenge City of Hawthorne's approval to annex land
- Former American Red Cross Employee Accused of Fraud
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell
- Hawthorne Man Accused of Making Death Threats, Firing Gun Shots
- High Springs: Missing Evidence Found in Former Police Chief's Car
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council