Hawthorne's former Fire Chief accused of fraud.
Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies have recommended fraud and grand theft charges against Hawthorne's former Fire Chief Jessie Modican.
When Hawthorne's interim city manager took office in March... she noticed something suspicious almost immediately. The former chief is accused of lying on his payroll time sheets... claiming to work in three different places - Jacksonville, Micanopy & Hawthorne - simultaneously.
For more details, watch the video on the right.
- Hawthorne's City Manager Fired
- Hawthorne's Utility Rates Increase
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Hawthorne Man Accused of Making Death Threats, Firing Gun Shots
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell
- High Spring's Fire Chief Finalists
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council
- Hawthorne's Ingram "Still Confident" As He Pursues NFL Dream
- Gainesville Man Accused of Medicaid Fraud
- Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting Woman In Hawthorne Field