Major Mortgage Company Shuts its Doors
A major area employer and national mortgage lender is closing down.
Taylor Bean and Whitaker, which is headquartered in Ocala, sent home hundreds of employees this afternoon.
In an email from company chairman Lee Farkas, employees were told that Taylor Bean will not fund any new mortgages.
The company was raided earlier this week by the FBI after the federal housing administration said the company failed to submit proper paperwork.
The FHA suspended doing business with Taylor Bean, and the Government National Mortgage Association-- known as Ginnie Mae-- did the same.
Taylor Bean was the 12th- largest mortgage broker in the country.
- Marion County Post Office Shuts Its Doors
- O'Shea's Casino on Vegas Strip Shutting its Doors
- Cub Scouts Go Door-To-Door Collecting Food For Gainesville Ministries
- UF Law students go door-to-door to help Ex-Cons
- Door to Door Scams Sweep Through the Area
- MC Mortgage Fraud Part 2
- MARION COUNTY MORTGAGE FRAUD
- Felon Mortgage Brokers
- Police: Tampa Man, 73, Robs Three Banks To Pay Mortgage
- Controversial Gainesville Church Faces Mortgage Issues