Ocala Fire Rescue Ranks 28th Busiest in Nation
OCALA- Ocala Fire Rescue’s fire station #1, located at 410 Northeast 3 Street, ranked 28th busiest in the nation according to a survey by Firehouse magazine, a national fire service publication. Last year, firefighters from this one firehouse responded 11,217 times.
Fire Battalion Chief Brian Stoothoff admits that being busy means that there are more fires and accidents. "It's unfortunate for citizens of Ocala, but at least they have a station that provides for their safety and protection," Stoothoff said.
Responding to building fires, vehicle fires, outside trash fires, grass fires and medical emergencies is just part of what firefighters experience on a regular basis. Ocala firefighters also respond to vehicle accidents, electrical hazards such as power lines on the ground, and hazardous material incidents.
- Ocala National Forest Fire prompts road closures
- Inside of Ocala's Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Training
- Ocala Fire Rescue officials debuts new artifacts museum
- Ocala apartment fire leaves neighbors concerned
- Ocala Fire & Rescue gets new vehicles
- Hopkins Prairie Fire
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala
- Wildfire in Ocala National Forest prompts road closures
- Alachua County Fire... Saving Lives
- Forbes Ranks Ocala 5th in the Nation for Future Job Development