One Dies, One Rescued in Gainesville Apartment Fire
Gainesville Fire Rescue responded to La Mancha Apartments, in southwest Gainesville just after 4 a.m. Tuesday for an apartment fire. When GFR arrived at the apartment, there was heavy smoke showing from the apartment and a resident hanging out the second story window. Firefighters affected a rescue, saving the life of the resident escaping from the smoke and fire, utilizing their ladder equipment to bring the resident to safety.
Once rescuers made their way into the apartment, they located a second resident who was transported by Alachua County Fire Rescue to Shands at UF for immediate medical care. Unfortunately, the second resident was unable to be resuscitated and was pronounced dead at Shands, according to a GFR press release.
Primary damage to the apartment was smoke related with minimal flames which were quickly extinguished by GFR. Only two apartments were impacted by this incident.
GFR’s Fire Investigator responded to the apartment to conduct an investigation into the origin of the incident.
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Apartment Fire Injures One
- Woman Trapped In Burning Home Dies, Unique Tribute Planned
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Cause of Gainesville Apartment Fire Still Unknown
- Cooking Fire Badly Damages Gainesville Apartment
- Crews Extinguish Fire At Gainesville Apartment Complex