Scooter Store Mix Up
An area business is being investigated by the state-- because of a phone call made to TV20.T
Tiffany Hester of Newberry claimed she bought a scooter that's not supposed to be sold in Florida-- from "Southern Scooters and ATV" in northwest Gainesville.
The Alachua county tax collector's office says the manufacturer of the scooter, "Goldenvale incorporated," was banned from selling scooters in Florida beginning last august. Goldenvale was accused of consistently failing to comply with state law.
The owner of Southern Scooters showed TV20 the title for the scooter and it was sold before last August, but an official with the Alachua County Tax Collector's office said something isn't right.
"Something fraudulent is going on. he apparently is going to golden vale to get a duplicate MSO because you have to go back to the manufacture to get one and they're changing the date so it will correspond with the bill of sale that he will provide to the customer so the sale could be processed."
The tax collector's office has notified the state, which may investigate the case.
- Scooter Theft Around University of Florida Campus
- Gainesville Man Killed On His Scooter
- Advantage Towing Owner Arrested for Stealing Scooters
- Scooter Thefts on the Rise in Gainesville
- Scooter Accident Injures Woman
- Gainesville Woman Dies in Scooter Crash
- Scooter Thefts On The Rise
- Opinions Mixed on Bo Diddley Plaza Redesign Plan
- Horse Prices at OBS Winter Mix Sale Higher than Last Year
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,