Scooter Store Mix Up
An area business is being investigated by the state-- because of a phone call made to TV20.T
Tiffany Hester of Newberry claimed she bought a scooter that's not supposed to be sold in Florida-- from "Southern Scooters and ATV" in northwest Gainesville.
The Alachua county tax collector's office says the manufacturer of the scooter, "Goldenvale incorporated," was banned from selling scooters in Florida beginning last august. Goldenvale was accused of consistently failing to comply with state law.
The owner of Southern Scooters showed TV20 the title for the scooter and it was sold before last August, but an official with the Alachua County Tax Collector's office said something isn't right.
"Something fraudulent is going on. he apparently is going to golden vale to get a duplicate MSO because you have to go back to the manufacture to get one and they're changing the date so it will correspond with the bill of sale that he will provide to the customer so the sale could be processed."
The tax collector's office has notified the state, which may investigate the case.
- Scooter Thefts On The Rise
- Gainesville Man Killed On His Scooter
- Gainesville Woman Dies in Scooter Crash
- Scooter Accident Injures Woman
- Billboard Gets Mixed Reaction From Gator Football Fans
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Drivers Have Mixed Reaction Towards Proposed Texting Ban
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Lake City Store Clerk Killed
- Store Clerk Survives Armed Robbery