Starke Execution Scheduled Wednesday
(AP Wire Report) - A circuit judge struck down a
request to grant a new hearing and delay Wednesday's scheduled
execution for John Richard Marek.
Attorney Martin McClain asked Judge Jeffrey Levinson on Monday
to hear testimony from a new witness, state prison inmate Lee
Johnson. The attorney said Johnson would testify Marek's
co-defendant Raymond Wigley said he killed Adela Marie Simmons in
Assistant State Attorney Carolynn McCann reminded the judge that
six other inmates also testified that Wigley had confessed to the
slaying. Levinson dismissed those claims and the state supreme
court upheld that ruling.
With the hearing request denied, Marek is still scheduled to die
at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Florida State Prison near Starke.
- Convicted Killer Set for Execution at Starke
- Gore Back On Schedule For Execution
- Van Poyck Execution Remains Scheduled
- After Four Delays, Gore's Execution Scheduled For Tuesday
- Convicted Triple Murderer to be Executed Wednesday
- High Springs Fire Service Contract to End Wednesday
- Wednesday's Adopt-a-Pet Segment
- Weather Radio Wednesdays
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Prez Candidate's Wife Comes to Gainesville Wednesday