Suspect Arrested After Fleeing From Police
LAKE CITY- Columbia County Sheriff's Office arrested a suspect early Thursday morning after he led police on a high speed chase that included hitting another vehicle.
Officer Elijah Serrano attempted to stop a red Dodge Durango he observed weaving on the road near US 90 West and Gwen Lake Blvd at 1:23 a.m. However, the driver would not pull over and accelerated his vehicle speed as he continued westbound on US 90.
The driver then made several turns in an attempt to elude the officer. The suspect also struck a Nissan car in the rear with his vehicle. There were minor injuries to the occupants of the Nissan.
The driver finally lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a ditch on Bascom Norris Blvd.
The driver was identified as David Thomas Gaylard, 51, of Williston. Gaylard received minor injuries from the crash. He was charged with aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, fleeing/eluding police and leaving the scene of a crash.
- 18-Year-Old Suspect is Tased, Arrested After Attacking Police
- Man Flees After Crashing into Police Cruiser
- Habitual Traffic Offender Arrested After Running From Police
- Homicide Suspect Arrested After Police Chase
- UF Police: Student Arrested After Using Police Scanner to Keep Police out of Party
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Residents Relieved After Suspected Rapist Arrested
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident
- Chris Rainey Dropped from Steelers After Arrest