UF Journalism Organization Receives National Recognition
A University of Florida student organization got the scoop Tuesday that it is receiving some national recognition.
The Society of Professional Journalists UF Chapter has been selected as SPJ's National Campus Chapter of the Year.
The UF Chapter planned and hosted more than 20 events last school year, including a campus-wide First Amendment Free Food Festival that taught students, faculty and Gainesville residents the importance of the First Amendment in their daily lives.
SPJ President April Dudash and Publicity Chair Sarah Henderson will accept the award at the SPJ national conference in Indianapolis at the end of the month.
- "Green" UF Athletics Facility Receives Special Recognition
- Organizations Receive Food From Bennigan's
- At-Risk Kids Receive Scholarships Through Take Stock in Children Organization
- Summer Journalism Institute Program
- UF College of Journalism may cut Documentary Institute
- School Sex Offender Recognition
- Parents Organize Against School Budget Cuts
- UF Fraternity Allowed To Register As An Official Student Organization
- Organ Donor Bill Vetoed
- Become an Organ and Tissue Donor