Vehicle Burglary Bust
Two people are under arrest in Lake City for stealing more than $20,000 worth of merchandise. Over the past few weeks the suspects broke into at least 30 cars. According to Sgt. Edward Seifert, James Wilson, along with a juvenile partner whose name has not been released, the suspects rode their bikes along neighborhoods looking for valuables. "Most of these cars were just simply unlocked with a laptop sitting on the seat or a GPS unit hanging up in the window."
For the last few weeks Columbia County Detectives have been investigating the break-ins. One clue that lead them to the arrests was the shoe-prints the suspects left behind. A lot of the stolen items have been recovered. Columbia County Sheriff Officers are working to return the items to their rightful owners.
- Dixie County Burglary Ring Busted
- Burglary Ring Bust
- Trenton Burglary Bust
- Burglary Bust
- Two-Vehicle Crash on Hwy 441; Authorities Still Searching for Driver
- Toyota Recalls Millions of Vehicles
- New K-9 Vehicles For Levy County Sheriff's Office
- 6-Vehicle Crash Leaves One Person Dead
- More than 20 Vehicle Windows Damaged by Someone with a BB Gun
- Pedestrian Who Was Hit By Vehicle Dies