Vehicle Burglary Bust
Two people are under arrest in Lake City for stealing more than $20,000 worth of merchandise. Over the past few weeks the suspects broke into at least 30 cars. According to Sgt. Edward Seifert, James Wilson, along with a juvenile partner whose name has not been released, the suspects rode their bikes along neighborhoods looking for valuables. "Most of these cars were just simply unlocked with a laptop sitting on the seat or a GPS unit hanging up in the window."
For the last few weeks Columbia County Detectives have been investigating the break-ins. One clue that lead them to the arrests was the shoe-prints the suspects left behind. A lot of the stolen items have been recovered. Columbia County Sheriff Officers are working to return the items to their rightful owners.
- Ocala man commits burglary, steals vehicle with victim's dog inside
- Car burglaries on the rise, police raising awareness with vehicle report cards
- Burglary Ring Bust
- Trenton Burglary Bust
- Burglary Bust
- Dixie County Burglary Ring Busted
- Four teenagers busted for burglaries
- Thieves behind bars after burglarizing hotel parking lot vehicles
- Getaway Vehicle Not Fast Enough For Police
- 6-vehicle Crash Leaves at Least One Person Dead