Williston Police Department Receives $24,097 Grant
The Department of Justice announced a $24,097 stimulus grant for the Williston Police Department on Friday.
The Police Department plans to use the money to install video cameras in more of its vehicles. Currently, the Department has cameras in only three vehicles.
Cameras in vehicles often provide helpful evidence to officers in court as well as document contacts with citizens, mainly in traffic stop scenarios.
In part, this award was earned because of the Department's accurate and timely reporting of Uniform Crime reporting (UCR) data. It is the largest award to a city police department in Levy County.
The money is expected to be received in October.
- Williston Police Department receives new squad cars
- Puppy Buried Alive, Accidentally Found By Williston Police
- Gainesville Airport Receives $998K Grant
- Gilchrist County Receives Grant to Start Kids Back Pack Program
- Youth Combine Receives $30,000 Grant
- City of Newberry Receives Grant for Economic Diversity Plan
- UF Receives Grant To Digitize Historic Newspapers
- Dog Rescue Group Receives $20,000 Grant from Humane Society
- Local Woman Receives Grant from Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America
- GPD receives grant to build youth relationships