Alachua County Firefighters Protest Tentative County Budget
Alachua County Commissioners have approved a tentative budget, and tonight they will vote to finalize it. Firefighters and supporters protested this afternoon in Gainesville because if the tentative budget is approved, Alachua County Firefighters will be facing a cut of $528,000.
The President of the Alachua County Professional Firefighters Brett Sandlin says this would result in fire trucks being taken off the road. "It would mean a longer response time. If your house is on fire or your experiencing a medical emergency, you would wait upwards to 10, 15 or 20 minutes before a paramedic or fire truck would come to you", said Sandlin.
Firefighters from the City of Gainesville, Ocala, Orlando and Marion County joined Alachua County firefighters in protest today.
- Alachua County School Board Tentative Budget
- Alachua County Releases Tentative Budget for Upcoming Fiscal Year
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- County commissiners reduce sheriff's budget
- Group protests library budget cuts
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Protesters Rally for Amendment One Funding
- Gainesville Officials Are Prepared If Zimmerman Verdict Protests Happen