Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
Alachua County Jail Director Robert Woody has been selected for inclusion into his alma mater’s alumni hall of fame at Monroe Community College (MCC) in Rochester, N. Y.
“I am humbled and deeply honored by this prestigious award,” Woody said. “Monroe Community College created opportunities and opened doors that have paid huge dividends throughout my career.”
The Monroe Community College Alumni Hall of Fame honors outstanding alumni of the college, a news release said. Hall of fame membership has been awarded to one or more alumni on an annual basis since 1992. Woody and three other inductees will be honored at the Salute to Excellence dinner on Nov. 19 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center. Following the induction, a plaque with his name and photo will be placed in the Alumni Corridor on the Brighton Campus of MCC.
In May, Woody, a former MCC basketball player, returned to deliver a speech at an annual athletic awards banquet.
A Gainesville native, Woody attended Monroe Community College in 1973 -74. He later earned his Bachelor’s Degree from the State University of New York at Oneonta and his Master’s Degree from Rollins College in Winter Park, Fla.
Woody was nominated for the award by Lawrence Tyree, a former president of Santa Fe College and past interim president of MCC. Tyree currently serves as the interim president of McHenry County College in Crystal Lake, Ill.
For more information call Eugene Morris, Bureau Chief for Inmate Programs, at 352-491-4525.
- Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
- 2014 Santa Fe College Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- Property Tax Reduction For Select Seniors, Off The Radar In Alachua County
- 23rd Annual Hall of Fame Banquet
- New Jail Director
- No Charges For Suspended Jail Director
- Alachua County Man in Jail After Firing Shots at Wife's Boyfriend
- Alachua County Jail Rape Case Settled Out of Court
- Expanding the Alachua County Jail
- Alachua County Jail Confirms First Swine Flu Case