Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
Authorities in Starke say it's an unusual case of animal abuse. Four dogs were left by the side of a road, and officials say it appears they'd been abused by their owner for years before being dumped.
The groomer who shaved them says it's the worst case she's ever seen.
The hair around their mouths became so matted they couldn't even eat, and the matted hair caused sores all over their bodies.
Their owner put them in a box and left them by the side of State Road 21 near Keystone Heights.
Officials say the dogs will survive, but they're going to need a lot of medical care, costing about $300 per dog.
Donations are being accepted at Community State Bank in Starke.
You can also contact the Bradford County Sheriff's Office with anonymous tips.
- Animal Abuse in Dixie County
- Car Crash in Dixie County; Two Men Airlifted to Shands
- Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"
- Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
- Neighbors Claim Animal Abuse
- Abused Animals Set Second Chance At Auction
- Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
- Twenty Four Students Report Alcohol Abuse at UF
- UF Small Animal Hospital Saves Dog
- Dog Breeder Arrested For Animal Cruelty