City of Alachua Raises Electric Rates
After fifteen years, City of Alachua residents will soon have to pay more. Come this December, city leaders are planning to raise their electric rates. The city was under a contract with GRU, whom the city bought power from, but that contract has ended and city officials say customer growth has slowed down. For the average household using a thousand kilowatt hours per month, the increase works out to be a dollar. After final approval, the rate increase would take effect december 1st.
- Proposed electric rate decrease
- Progress Energy to raise rates
- Higher Millage Rates in Alachua County?
- Alachua County Millage Rate Increase
- Alachua County has the Fourth Highest STD Rates in the State
- Debate Raise Tensions Over City Commission Seat
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?
- Alachua County Employees Will See Pay Raise to "Restore" Pension Contribution
- Pay Raise Dispute at the Alachua County Jail