Claim Your Treasures
There are millions of dollars in unclaimed jewelry, antiques, and cash sitting in the state’s safe deposit box. Florida’s Chief Financial Officer oversees the unclaimed property. CFO Alex Sink is on a mission to match people up with the missing items. Sink says since the economy took a nose dive more people are looking to her office to see if they have unclaimed treasure.
“We are finding in this down economy that we’re having more calls into our call center. We had two million hits on the website last year, people just scrambling around. You know when times get tough I always say you’ve got to look under the sofa and find extra pennies, dimes and nickels and quarters,” said Alex Sink.
To see if anybody left you or your family money, heirlooms, or antiques log on to FL Treasure Hunt
- Trash or Treasure? Part Two
- Trash or Treasure Part Three
- Trash or Treasure Part One
- Treasure Hunters Roadshow
- A Lost Treasure On Fifth Avenue
- Car Crash Claims Two Children's Lives
- Gainesville Police Investigate Claims of Officer Bribery
- Island Grove Fire Claims Two Veterans
- Neighbors Claim Animal Abuse
- Deputies: Three Stage Car Crash, Try To Claim Insurance Money