Convicted Felon Arrested for Hitting Wife with Gun, Threatening to Kill Her
50 year-old Charles Jackson Jr. of Starke is being held at the Bradford County Jail today after he was arrested on Saturday for allegedly hitting his wife several times over the head with a gun and threatening to kill her. Jackson, who is a convicted felon, was also found to be in possession of crack cocaine.
Jackson's wife told police that Jackson asked to look through her cell phone on Friday night because he suspected her of cheating on him with another man. When she refused, Jackson allegedly went into his room to grab a pistol, at which point the victim grabbed her 18 month-old granddaughter because she was scared he would hurt her. When she kept refusing to let him look through her phone, Jackson struck his wife over the head several times with the gun while she was holding the child.
When she attempted to call the police, Jackson grabbed his wife's phone and smashed it on the ground. Jackson threatened to kill her if she tried to leave the house. The victim then went to bed with the child.
On Saturday morning while Jackson was still sleeping, the victim contacted the Starke Police Department, at which point an officer was dispatched to the house. The officer noticed a knot on the right-side side of the victim's head. While searching the house for the gun, the officer found several .38 caliber bullets, the smashed cell phone and less than 2 grams of crack cocaine. He found the pistol hidden in Jackson's closet.
Jackson is currently charged with battery, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, aggravated child abuse, possession of crack cocaine and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Convicted Felon Brings Gun to Work, Threatens Co-Workers
- Suspect Arrested for Possession of a Gun by a Convicted Felon
- Man Rents Gun, Kills Self at Orlando Gun Range
- Husband Threatens to Kill Wife with a Knife
- Mother Kills Her Own Baby Before Turning Gun on Herself
- Convicted felon in custody after standoff
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- Felon Gun Bust in Gainesville
- Husband of Convicted Killer Fighting for her Appeal
- Husband Shoots Wife, Leaves Her For Dead