Failed Arson Attempt in Waldo Investigated
The Waldo Police Department is investigating a failed arson attempt at one North Central Florida home- and it's a home that they're already familiar with.
Police found two men wanted for murder in the same house in Waldo less than two months ago. Officials don't think the two crimes are related. However they have found evidence of what could be a number of other crimes.
Police went to the house because it's supposed to be vacant, but when they arrived a door was open and they found it covered in gasoline with a half-burnt rag outside.
"If that house had went off, it'd wiped out the whole- all of us," said neighbor Charles Griffin. "It would've wiped out the whole block."
In addition to the gasoline covering the home, police say they found red spots inside that could be blood. They also found a red truck parked in the garage that officials say the bank has been looking for because the owner stopped making payments over two years ago.
Police will continue to investigate these developments, though officials don't necessarily believe that all the crimes are connected.
- 2 hurt in Inglis arson investigation
- Arson Investigation
- Jail Drug Smuggle Attempt Fails
- FDLE Investigating Waldo Police Chief
- GPD Investigating Attempted Kidnapping in Northeast Gainesville
- Haitians in Custody after Failed Smuggling Attempt
- Levy Arson Arrests
- Arson Suspect Tried to Become a Volunteer Firefighter, Records Show
- Arson Suspected in Lake City Car Fire
- Marion County Man Believed to be Responsible for String of Arsons Arrested