Food Prices Down
The cost of dairy products, meat, fruits and vegetables are much lower then they were last year. Experts say the price of milk and other dairy items are down about 40 percent.
Many shoppers like Gainesville resident, Dea Sullivan, have made adjustments in the food they consume since the prices dropped. She says she has noticed the price decrease and has been purchasing meat more often.
The cost of these key items are dropping because retailers are reducing prices to better compete, and food makers are spending less on ingredients and fuel.
- Agriculture Commissioner Seeks Answers For Rising Fuel and Food Prices
- Angel Food Shut Down
- Gas Prices Down Nationwide
- Gas Prices Lower
- High Price of Racing
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- College Students Trying to Keep Up with Rising Textbook Prices
- Organizations Receive Food From Bennigan's
- Gun Permits, Food Stamps in Demand