Food Prices Down
The cost of dairy products, meat, fruits and vegetables are much lower then they were last year. Experts say the price of milk and other dairy items are down about 40 percent.
Many shoppers like Gainesville resident, Dea Sullivan, have made adjustments in the food they consume since the prices dropped. She says she has noticed the price decrease and has been purchasing meat more often.
The cost of these key items are dropping because retailers are reducing prices to better compete, and food makers are spending less on ingredients and fuel.
- Agriculture Commissioner Seeks Answers For Rising Fuel and Food Prices
- Food Prices Could Rise if the Country Hits the Debt Ceiling
- Angel Food Shut Down
- Gas Prices Down Nationwide
- Gas Prices Going Down Across the Nation
- Gas Prices Down
- Ocala Food Food Pantry Struggling to Serve Community
- Federal Food Stamp Cuts, Affect Food Banks
- Gas Prices Lower
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit