Husband Threatens to Kill Wife with a Knife
A man from Yankeetown faces charges of domestic battery and aggravated assualt after he allegedly threatened to kill his wife while holding a knife in his hand.
Doyle Smith, Jr., 42, was arrested by the Lake County Sheriff's office on Monday. According to Smith's wife, she was awakened by her husband standing over her bed around six in the morning. Smith was demanding prescription drugs from his wife, but she refused. The wife then left the house in her car after Smith allegedly hit her.
She later returned to the house, only to see Smith standing in her driveway holding a knife. He apparently told his wife that someone was going to die. He also threatened to burn down the house.
When the wife's son arrived at the house, Smith fled the scene on foot. Police later found him not far from the house and arrested him.
Both Smith and his wife moved to Florida from Louisiana this past weekend. The couple was already separated upon moving to the state becuase Smith does have a history of domestic battery.
- Convicted Felon Arrested for Hitting Wife with Gun, Threatening to Kill Her
- House Fire Kills Husband And Wife
- Husband Shoots Wife, Leaves Her For Dead
- Ocala Wife Accused of Murdering Husband
- Husband Runs Over Wife
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Ocala Woman Behind Bars For Killing Her Husband
- Wife Watches as Stunt Pilot Husband's Plane Crashes
- Wife Ran Husband Over with Car
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life