I-75 Shut Down in Both Directions After Tractor Trailer Overturns
Stretches of Interstate 75 are completely shut down in both directions in Hamilton County after a tractor trailer transporting several types of hazardous chemicals overturned and caught fire early this morning. The crash occurred around 5 a.m. near CR 132 in Lake City.
Northbound I-75 travelers will be detoured onto I-10 westbound in Columbia County. Not until they reach US 129 can they rejoin I-75 north.
Southbound travelers will be detoured onto the US 129 exit where they can travel southbound on either US 129 or US 41.
The detours will remain in place until the chemical spill and fire are fully assessed and cleaned up.
**UPDATE** As of 2:45 p.m. all lanes of I-75 are open.
- Semi fire shuts down I-75 in both directions
- Phone Service Back Up in Waldo After Tractor Trailer Accident
- Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
- Northbound I-75 Shut Down
- I-75 lanes shut down for 6 hours following deadly crash
- Semi-Tanker Accident Temporarily Shuts Down I-75 In Columbia County
- Semi catches fire, shuts down I-75 NB for hours
- Dixie County Car Dealership May Shut Down After Former Employee Steals Thousands
- Bradford County Schools shut down after bomb threat
- Overturned truck causes major delays on I-75