Letters With White Powder Received in Ocala
Today a law firm in Marion County received a letter containing a white substance, according to Ocala Police officials.
Authorities tested the substance and it was found to be inactive. It was sent to Jacksonville for further testing.
This is the fifth report since Tuesday of suspicious mail in Marion County. Authorities are investigating other similar pieces of mail received by a number of residents and at least one business around North Central Florida this week. In a few cases, the substance was confirmed to be flour.
TV20 will have more on the story later tonight.
- White Powder Delivered to School
- 11th Suspicious Letter Received in Marion County
- Shands Computer Stolen; Thousands Receive Letter of Information Breach
- Mystery Over White Powder
- Ocala Principal Receives National Award
- Ocala receives $2M FDOT grant for new airport terminal
- Mold concerns at Fort White Elementary
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Operation Letters To Santa
- Local Schools Respond to Drop in Letter Grade