"Little Jake" and a Little Bit of History
He started out "singin' for his supper," went on to become the lead singer of an inspirational blues band in the 60's and now, 50 years later, he's still performing.
Fans who watched "Little Jake and the Blenders" back in the '60s say his music helped to motivate African Americans during the days of segregation.
And Jake says he's back at it, singing songs of love to a city he loves.
His band is now called "Little Jake and the Soul Searchers," but Little Jake's been the lead singer of several bands.
In fact, he's in the book "Florida's Famous and Forgotten" because he says his musical history allowed him and his band "The Skyliners" to perform all across the country.
Little Jake plans to release an album called "Have Faith" in a couple of months.
- A Little Bit of Rain Doesn't Dampen Hanukkah's Menorah Lighting
- 6/19/13 Pet of the Day: Julian aka Little Bit
- Less Than Jake, Live at TV 20
- 2-Bits Golf Tournament Raises Money For Sideline Athletes
- A Bit of Mexico in Ocala
- Lehman Has Little Affect On Florida State Investments
- Getting Around Gainesville Now A Little More Difficult
- Pastor's Son Offers Little Insight into Tomorrow's Plan
- Mosquitoes Buzzing Around a Little Early
- Ocala Gets A Little Brighter