Man in Critical Condition After Losing Control of Car
A man from Lulu is in critical condition at Shands hospital this morning after he lost control of his car and hit a line of trees on the side of the roadway.
Christopher Cornish was heading eastbound on State Road 100, just west of County Road 241 in Columbia County, around 1 a.m. this morning. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Cornish, 22, was traveling at a high rate of speed and could have possibly been under the influence of alcohol when he approached another vehicle heading eastbound from behind. While attempting to pass around the vehicle, Cornish began to brake, but his car swerved to the left.
Cornish's 1995 Dodge Neon spun around 180 degrees and veered to the other side of the road backwards. His car then overturned and hit an embankment of trees, which crushed a portion of the car.
Although Cornish was wearing a seatbelt, he was partially ejected from the driver's side rear window of his car. He sustained severe neck and head injuries in the crash.
FHP is currently awaiting the results of a blood test to determine if Cornish had any alcohol in his system.
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County
- One Man Still In Critical Condition After Shooting In Lake Butler
- Elderly man in critical condition after attack
- Man in critical condition after hit and run
- Starke Man Dies After Losing Control Of His Motorcycle
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Ocala Police Officer In Critical Condition After Crash
- Morning Accident Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- UPDATE: One dead, One Police Officer in Critical Condition After Altercation Outside Restaurant