Meet George LeMieux
US Senator Mel Martinez said goodbye today on the floor of the US
Senate. Martinez resigned his seat early. Tomorrow, George LeMieux, a
relatively unknown confidant of Governor Charlie Crist, will become
Florida's newest US Senator. LeMieux is facing criticism and embracing the challenge.
Less than two weeks ago, Governor Crist picked his close
confidant, George LeMieux, to fill a 16-month vacancy in the US Senate.
The soon-to-be US Senator has been under fire most recently for work his
law firm did to help a Mexican Sheet Metal company do work in Florida.
The move has organized labor livid.
But LeMieux says he personally had nothing to do with the case and
says as a US Senator, he knows who his client will be.
LeMieux takes the oath of office Thursday afternoon. He says his 16
months will be known for hard work.
While he has promised not to run against Charlie Crist for the seat in
2010, he is leaving open the possibility of running for the US Senate in
- LeMieux: Mack is "the Charlie Sheen" of Florida Politics
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Judge Reluctant to Delay in Zimmerman Case
- Zimmerman Trial: Not Guilty (Video)
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Zimmerman Trial Day 11: Opening Statements
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls