Motorcyclist Killed After Collision with Car
A 63 year-old man was killed yesterday when his motorcycle collided with a small two-door coupe.
The crash occurred around 8:30 Sunday night at the intersection of U.S. 301 and State Road 20 in Hawthorne. Edmund Cooper was traveling northbound on his motorcycle on U.S. 301 when he pulled into the left-turn lane to turn onto S.R. 20. Cooper did not see a small Mitsubishi Eclipse traveling south on 301. When he made the left-hand turn, the front of the Eclipse struck the motorcycle, causing it to flip over.
Cooper, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown from his motorcycle. He was later taken to Shands at UF, where he was pronounced dead an hour later.
There were two passesngers in the Eclipse, one of whom was treated for minor injuries.
- Motorcyclist Dies After Being Hit By Semi-Truck
- Local Couple's Trip to Ohio Interrupted by Multi-Car Collision
- 7 Marines Killed in Copter Collision
- Marines Killed In Copter Collision
- Driver Killed in Collision with Train
- Five Young Men Killed In A Car Crash
- Students Killed in Car Accident
- Community Leader Killed In Car Wreck
- Coach Killed in Car Crash is Remembered
- Father Honors Memory of Son Killed in Car Crash