New UF Campaign Urges Students to Wear Their Helmets
On the University of Florida campus, scooters are about as prevalent as books.
Helmets, however, are not.
Wednesday night a 19-year-old riding a scooter on to UF's campus was involved in a crash-- and officials say the student's helmet might have saved his life.
That's why a new campaign is geared towards getting more students to wear helmets, and one of the campaign organizers is speaking from experience.
Watch the video to the right to find out more.
- New Program Urges Students to "Stay Fresh, Man"
- Alachua County Schools urging parents to register students
- New Campaign Hopes to Make Drivers More Aware of Motorcyclists
- Police looking for burglar wearing Cat In The Hat t-shirt
- Suspects Wearing Ski Masks Robbed Local Business
- Friends and family wear red high tops to remember teen
- NASA Aborts Spacewalk Due to Water Leak in Helmet
- Researchers at UF Working to Develop Safer Helmets
- Helmet Thief Behind Bars
- Helmet and Bike Safety Stressed at Local Elementary School