New UF Campaign Urges Students to Wear Their Helmets
On the University of Florida campus, scooters are about as prevalent as books.
Helmets, however, are not.
Wednesday night a 19-year-old riding a scooter on to UF's campus was involved in a crash-- and officials say the student's helmet might have saved his life.
That's why a new campaign is geared towards getting more students to wear helmets, and one of the campaign organizers is speaking from experience.
Watch the video to the right to find out more.
- New Program Urges Students to "Stay Fresh, Man"
- New Campaign Hopes to Make Drivers More Aware of Motorcyclists
- Suspects Wearing Ski Masks Robbed Local Business
- NASA Aborts Spacewalk Due to Water Leak in Helmet
- Helmet Law
- Different Helmets, Same Team - Fighting Santa Fe Swamp Fire
- Helmet and Bike Safety Stressed at Local Elementary School
- Helmet Thief Behind Bars
- New Ad Campaign Targets Disillusioned Obama Voters
- New Program Helps At-Risk Students