Newest "Officers" at GPD
The Gainesville Police Department welcomed two of its newest members to the force today for their first day of field training...
But for these "officers", field training means obedience training...
Richter and Argos are the two newest members of GPD's K-9 unit.
Each dog, and their handler, will go through 400 hours of training.
After mastering obedience training, Richter and Argos will then learn to track and search.
In about three months, when training is over, they can start patrolling... and that will bring GPD's K-9 count to six.
- New GPD Building Dedicated to Officers Who Made A Difference
- GPD Officer Saves Teen's Life
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
- Former GPD Officer Sentenced in Prostitution Case
- GPD Recognizes Officers And Citizens
- GPD Officers Avoid Crisis in Weekend Standoff
- GPD Officer Involved Shooting Update
- Retired GPD Officer
- GPD Officer Accused Of Sexual Harassment, Watching Porn While On Duty
- Former GPD Officer May Lose Pension