One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
Two cars were involved in a fatal accident around 7:30 this morning in Marion County. The crash left one man dead and another in serious condition.
The crash occurred on County Road 318, just east of NW 87th Court. 57-year-old Clarence Mackey, Sr. was traveling east on CR 318 when he suddenly crossed the center line into the westbound lane. Mackey's Ford Escort then collided with a Dodge Ram, which was traveling west. The Ram was being driven by 53-year-old Fernando Bandomo. The collision caused Bandomo's Ram to flip over and roll onto the shoulder of the road. Neither driver was wearing their seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Mackey was pronounced dead by emergency workers at the scene of the crash. Bandomo was taken to Shands Hospital at UF. It is not yet known what caused Mackey to drift into the other lane.
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Five-Month-Old Dead, Mom and Big Sister in Critical Condition
- Man in Critical Condition After Losing Control of Car
- Shooting Leads to Captain's Death and Man in Serious Condition at Shands
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- One Dead in Union County Crash
- Deadly Plane Crash in Marion County