Richardson Found Guilty on Murder Charges
A jury has convicted a man of first-degree murder in the shooting death of Gainesville Police Chief Tony Jones' son.
A Jacksonville jury found 27-year-old Raney Andrew Richardson Jr. guilty for the 2007 death of Michael Nathaniel Jones.
Prosecutors said Jones and a woman were leaving their apartment to purchase cocaine.
That's when authorities say they were confronted by Richardson trying to rob them.m Jones was fatally shot in the stomach.
Richardson's attorneys had argued self-defense to no avail. The verdict carries a life sentence. Richardson will be sentenced in October.
- Jonathan Peterson Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder
- Man Found Guilty of Murder Five Years Later
- Man found Not Guilty in Ocala Murder Trial
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- Attorney Found Guilty For Illegal Internet Cafes
- Lonnie Todd Found Guilty On Three Counts
- Two Guards Accused Of Beating An Inmate Are Found Not Guilty
- Frye Found Guilty of Sexual Battery and Kidnapping
- Day 3, Brandon Scott Trial: Scott Found Guilty