Road Construction Between 8th & Depot Starts Today
Work to reconstruct four miles of Main Street between 8th Avenue and Depot Avenue in Gainesville is scheduled to start today.
Traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions. Work will include repairing sidewalks, adding wheelchair accessible ramps and installing new traffic lights. When construction is completed, Main Street will be a two lane street with a center turn lane, bike lanes and on-street parking.
The project is scheduled to last two years and cost $6 million.
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates
- A Change at SW 8th Ave & SW 91st Street?
- Road Options Reviewed for 8th Ave Gainesville
- Road Construction forces Closures in Gainesville
- Northwest Gainesville Road Construction Frustrates Drivers
- Vermillion Investigation Reveals Tensions Between ASO and GPD
- Legal Battle Between GREC and GRU Continues
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Walking the Fine Line Between Public and Private Emails
- Stormwater Fees Conflict Cools Between City and School Board