Robbery, Rape Suspect In Custody
Gainesville Police arrested Jay Allen Meeks for robbing two University of Florida college students at gunpoint at the Gateway at Gainesville Apartments in Southwest Gainesville early Wednesday morning. Meeks admitted to the crimes and blames a drug addiction for his actions.
Around 1 a.m. Wednesday, the student was returning home when Meeks approached her and forced her into her apartment. Her roommate was home at the time. Meeks fired a shot inside the apartment and then robbed them at gunpoint. He forced them to drive them to a nearby Wachovia bank and made them withdraw money. They went back to the apartment where Meeks then sexually assaulted one of the victims. He then forced them to drive him to the Phoenix neighborhood in Southwest Gainesville, where they dropped him off.
- Armed Robbery, Kidnapping in Walmart Parking Lot
- Highway Robbery, 3 Tampa Area Men Arrested in Alachua County
- Rape Victim Says Rapists Should Not Have Custody Rights
- Second Suspect in Spanish Trace Shooting Now in Custody
- Suspect in Custody After Orlando Shooting
- Suspect Arrested in Haile Plantation Rape Case
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- Rape Suspect Blames Alcohol For His Behavior
- Students Stand Against Rape As Suspect In UF Attacks Still On The Loose
- Police: DNA Links Suspect to Rape