Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
Robbery Suspect Killed During Shootout with Deputies
On September 28, 2009 at approximately 2:31 PM, Detective Kevin Mueller from Bradford County Sheriff’s Office and Investigator James Hooper from Starke Police Department were following up on an armed robbery suspect from a prior incident. They received a tip on the whereabouts of the suspect Joe Alan Prevatt.
The suspect who had an extensive criminal history, was observed standing in the doorway of the residence on N.W. 37th Avenue and he was requested to step out of the house. He refused and immediately retreated inside and tried to shut the door. Investigator Mueller attempted to apprehend the subject at which time a physical confrontation occurred.
During the struggle the suspect pulled a silver plated handgun from an unknown location and began firing several shots at Investigator Mueller. Investigator Muller pulled his service weapon and returned fire while seeking cover. Moments later he realized the suspect had fallen to the ground at the doorway of the residence.
Bradford County E.M.S. responded and pronounced him dead at the scene. F.D.L.E. Investigators have responded and are assisting with the shooting investigation.
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery
- Dixie County deputy and Two Women fatally wounded In Shootout
- 2 Murder Suspects, Teen Killed During Police Crash
- Two Men Shot During Robbery at Ocala Barbershop
- Deputies Arrest Man for Robbery/Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- Same Suspect in Two Fast Food Robberies
- Suspect Wanted In Ocala for a Robbery
- Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Robbery, Rape Suspect In Custody
- Gainesville Police Search For Suspects In Pawn Shop Robbery