Stolen Car Shuts Down Traffic
A stolen car in downtown Gainesville leads to multiple accidents involving seven cars today.
Around 3:15 p.m. a thief stole a state owned vehicle from the Florida Department of Transportation at 1500 East University Avenue in Gainesville.
Witnesses say the person was driving extremely fast and erratically. He was involved in three total accidents in three different locations ending in a multi car pileup in front of the Bo Diddley Plaza at 100 E University Ave.
The driver of the stolen vehicle had to be extricated and was rushed to an area hospital. He may not survive. A driver in another vehicle was taken to the hospital with less serious injuries.
- Dixie County Car Dealership May Shut Down After Former Employee Steals Thousands
- Traffic Stop Yields Stolen Drugs
- Wild Waters May Shut Down
- Angel Food Shut Down
- Northbound I-75 Shut Down
- I-75 lanes shut down for 6 hours following deadly crash
- Organization shuts down street, pushing for active community
- City shuts down in-home restaurant
- UF ZBT shut down, some call decision premature
- Grooveshark shutting down