Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Truck Plunges Into Payne's Prarie, Driver missing
A truck has plunged into the water alongside U.S. 441 on Payne's Prarie, and the driver is still missing.
At around 4 p.m., the white Chevrolet crashed through a fence and flipped, coming to rest in the marshy prairie.
One patient was reported to have emerged, but a dive team from the Alachua County Sheriff's Office is still searching for the driver, according to Sheriff's Lt. Steve Maynard.
Traffic has been re-routed to the northbound lanes, and is nearly at a standstill. Authorities ask that motorists use Interstate 75 as an alternative.
TV20 has a crew on the scene and will bring you the story tonight at 11 on the nightbeat.
- Sheriff: Payne's Arrest is Big Day for Alachua County
- Paynes Prarie Temporarily Closes Trail
- Driver Found in Paynes Prairie
- Sleep Deprivation Leads to Vehicular Homicide and Caution for Truck Drivers
- Truck Driver Who Hit Bus On Phone
- Ice Cream Truck Driver Escapes Attempted Robbery
- Driver Hospitalized After Truck Overturns
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Alligator Finds Home Along Paynes' Prairie Trail
- Paynes Prairie's Future